Thursday, August 13, 2009

OFFICIAL: Stephen Hunt Joins Hull City From Reading

Hull City today officially signed Republic of Ireland international winger Stephen Hunt from Reading on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee, with the player moving to the KC Stadium on the same day that Kamel Ghilas also joined City, this time from Spanish outfit Celta Vigo.

Hunt was pleased to have made a return to the Premier League, after a close season filled with speculation about his future.

"I'm delighted. It's been a long summer for me," he told Sky Sports News. "Anxious, but that's the kind of guy I am; I want to get things done. But [I'm] delighted to be here now and looking forward to it."

The player was "100%" pleased to have made an instant return to the Premier League, adding, "It's unfortunate it's not with Reading and I wish them all the best.

"They've been exceptional for me over the last four years, so thanks very much and we move on.

"It's an exciting league and I can't wait. Obviously, Manchester City have chased things up with all of their signings. It makes an extra thing with the likes of Everton and Aston Villa who have finished fifth and sixth in the last few years.

"So the league table doesn't lie, Man City have go to climb above them them before they get in the top four. That'll be hard enough.

"Our battle is to try and get as many points as we can. To enjoy the experience. It's the place to be and a short career so you've got to make the most of it and I'm looking forward to the next few games."

No comments:

Post a Comment