Thursday, August 13, 2009

Julio Cruz Still Reliving Lazio’s Italian Super Cup Victory Over Inter

Julio Cruz was released from Inter earlier in the summer, and consequently was picked up on a free transfer by Lazio, with whom he has already won a piece of silverware.

The Biancocelesti edged the Nerazzurri 2-1 in the Supercoppa Italiana on August 8, a match that is played between the winners of the Coppa Italia and the Serie A champions of the previous season.

Cruz was thrilled to be a part of that victory with his new club, and he is looking forward to what lies ahead for him with the capital club.

“I am pleased to have been greeted so warmly by many of the Lazio fans,” Cruz was quoted as saying by Corriere dello Sport.

“I am feeling very good, and I have been working hard to get myself in the best physical condition for the new season.

“The victory over Inter? Incredible things happen in our lives, and winning the Scudetto with Inter, and then the Supercup with Lazio, is not something that everyone has done before.

“For me, winning in Beijing was not a revenge thing; however, I was just pleased to celebrate with my new team.

“I have repeatedly wished the fans, the coach and my former team-mates well for the future.

“But for now, my fate lies here with Lazio.”

No comments:

Post a Comment